Delphian is seeking applicants for the position of Warehouse Officer, and is looking for an organised individual who can demonstrate a passionate interest in music and a desire to learn about the recorded music industry. Under the guidance of the Label Manager, the successful applicant will assist in all stock control and warehouse aspects of the label’s day-to-day running.
Delphian can offer a minimum of 7 hours per week (on a Monday) initially but is seeking a candidate who can agree to flexible working hours should the need arise. There is also the opportunity to be further involved in the administration side of the record label should the candidate show demonstrable interest and skill at interview.
- Receiving goods from the manufacturer and storing them in the warehouse
- Picking and packing orders from distributors
- Organising courier collections
- Liaising with distributors
- Keeping stock organised and stock figures up-to-date
- Organising promotional copies of CDs to be sent to classical music press
- Ensuring the warehouse is tidy
- Other administrative duties as required
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent attention to detail
- A strong working knowledge of Word/Excel
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Ability to use own initiative
- Experience working in and first-hand knowledge of the classical music industry
- A full driving licence
Location: Wallyford, East Lothian (12-minute train journey from Edinburgh)
Salary: £10 p/h, minimum 7 hours per week (to be agreed)
Closing Date: Monday 13 February 2017
Please send your CV and a covering letter detailing your interest in the position to Jo Buckley (Label Manager) at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Monday 13 February. Interviews will be held on Friday 24 February.